Chennai Special Thattai
Taste test: These chips had an unusual composition, combining rice, lentils and chickpeas. The picture on the bag wasn't all that helpful, as it had me expecting some sort of ring-shape snack, but really they looked kind of remotely like extra-thick potato chips with a pale beige color.
I crunched in to find that they didn't taste or feel like potato chips. There was a very strong, solid crunch and kind of wheat-like feel. The taste was mild but good. After reading the ingredients and seeing Chili Powder, I was expecting some sort of heat. The taste initially had no heat whatsoever, but there was a mild burn in the very delayed aftertaste. A good one.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very mild.
From the package: “Ingredients: Rice flour, Refined Peanut Oil, Lentil flour, Chick peas, Chili powder, Til Seeds (Sesame seeds), Salt,Asafoetida.” ... “Product of India”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from India (93 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1035 snacks)
- Rice Chips (84 snacks)
- Lentil Chips (13 snacks)
- Chickpea Snacks (7 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Patel Brothers Indian Marketplace, Waltham, Massachsetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Snyder's of Hanover Rounds Butter Flavored
- Clancy's Roasted Sweet Corn Popcorn
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Non Stop Munchies Spices Treat Potato Chips
- Sara Lee For Me! Cinnamon Crumb Cake
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road