Cheetos Fresh Shrimp
Taste test: These cassava-based chips from China contained actual shrimp, though we couldn't see it, with the pieces formed into off-white (not really yellowish as pictured), styrofoam-looking pieces that were generally flat or slightly scoop-shaped. Despite their Cheetos name, they didn't seem to contain any cheese among the long list of Ingredients, but the dancing Chester Cheetah pictured on the bag didn't seem to mind. (We base this on pointing Google Translate at the Chinese, as the import label appeared to be quite wrong, listing Potatoes first on a very short Ingredients list.)
We crunched in to find a nice light, very crisp feel with a flavor that started out sweet and slightly tangy, then transitioned into a shrimp flavor after that. It wasn't shrimpy or fishy in a bad way at all — really tasty!
Shop: Buy Cheetos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild, sweet smell with some spices, but not fishy.
Online store: Buy Cheetos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Cheetos (113 snacks)
- Snacks from China (129 reviews)
- Shrimp/Prawn (44 snacks)
- Yuca/Cassava Chips (36 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2020
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road