Cheetos Fresh Shrimp
Taste test: These cassava-based chips from China contained actual shrimp, though we couldn't see it, with the pieces formed into off-white (not really yellowish as pictured), styrofoam-looking pieces that were generally flat or slightly scoop-shaped. Despite their Cheetos name, they didn't seem to contain any cheese among the long list of Ingredients, but the dancing Chester Cheetah pictured on the bag didn't seem to mind. (We base this on pointing Google Translate at the Chinese, as the import label appeared to be quite wrong, listing Potatoes first on a very short Ingredients list.)
We crunched in to find a nice light, very crisp feel with a flavor that started out sweet and slightly tangy, then transitioned into a shrimp flavor after that. It wasn't shrimpy or fishy in a bad way at all — really tasty!
Shop: Buy Cheetos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild, sweet smell with some spices, but not fishy.
Online store: Buy Cheetos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at C Mart, Quincy, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Sweet & Spicy
- Jack Link's White Meat Chicken Tender Bites Original
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Mini Crullers Original Glazed
- Trader Joe's Organic Milk Chocolate Truffle
- Varitas de Verduras
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road