Chee-tos Crunchy (retro bag)
Taste test: This version of Cheetos, packaged in a bag similar to the ones used in the 80s/90s, seemed just as cheesy as the current Cheetos Crunchy, despite the extra hyphen in the name. Our tasters really devoured the crunchy curls, getting all manner of orange powder all over their fingers (not to mention faces and clothes) in the process.
The front of the bag had a much less fancy rendering of Chester Cheetah than the three-dimensional cartoon on the newer bags, though the modern Chester did make a cameo appearance on the back of the bag, declaring "I want you to enjoy an American classic."
Shop: Buy Cheetos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very cheesy.
From the package: “I want you to enjoy an American Classic” ... “Here's to over 60 years of great flavor”
Online store: Buy Cheetos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Cheetos (113 snacks)
- Cheese Puffs (424 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Retro snack packages (17 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2012
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road