Chat Pats Dilli Style Masala Boondi Spicy Pea Flour Balls
Taste test: These small, light orange-colored pieces were described as "Pea Flour Balls" on the front of the bag (Chick Pea Flour was actually the first ingredient), but few of the pieces were anywhere near spherical, as they came in all sorts of shapes. Pieces averaged about a quarter inch in their largest dimension. There were also some dark green curry leaves scattered around the bag.
We crunched in to find that despite the small size of the snacks, they packed a serious punch for heat. The heat was hardly evident on the initial bite, but it really did bite back in the aftertaste. (We're attributing the heat to the "Chilly Powder" listed in the ingredients.) Even aside from the heat, the mix of chickpeas and spices was quite tasty, and it was a flavor that mixed well with the hot peppers. Very good!
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Just mildly spicy, buy nice.
From the package: “Spicy Pea Flour Balls” ... “Ingredients for product: Chick Pea flour, Veg Refined Palmolein Oil, Corn Flour, Iodized Salt, Chilly Powder, Rock Salt, Dry Mango Powder, Turmeric, Curry Leaves” ... “Product of India”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: House of Spices
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Little India, Somerville, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road