Cap'n Jack's Kettle Chips Rockin' Picante Salsa
Taste test: These potato chips looked generally similar to other kettle-cooked potato chips, though they had a more uniform yellow color (plus a bit of orange seasoning) and were curvy but less wiggly than kettle chips tend to be.
Most chips had no skin on their edges, though a handful of chips had just a bit of skin. But the real surprise came when I crunched in — these were not your typical kettle chips, and I mean that in a very good way. Most of the chips had a somewhat soft crunch, while being amazingly crisp, not greasy at all, and having a very light feel — much different than other kettle chips. The major breakthroughs were the low density and high crispness. The salsa seasoning tasted good, and the great texture helped to bring out the flavor of both the potato and the seasoning. Great chips!
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice hot sauce and potato smell, not particularly like salsa, but good.
From the package: “Everyone's life can be measured in two parts: The time they've spent at the beach and the time they've spent wishing they were at the beach. The sun, the surf and the flavors make for some powerful cravings. With Cap'n Jack's, you can taste the freshness and remember the good times. It's like a vacation for your taste buds.
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Lighthouse Kettle Company
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Christmas Tree Shops. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road