Cape Cod Sweet Mesquite Barbeque Potato Chips
Taste test: These kettle-cooked chips had a lot of color to them, a deep and dark orange, with additional darker flecks of flavoring.
There was enough powder on the chips to leave residue on my fingers. The chips were very crunchy, and a lot of that crunch took away from tasting the barbecue flavor, which wasn't very bold or over-the-top (despite all of the powder). There was definitely a hint of sweetness on the barbecue, but less mesquite or smokiness than I expected. Overall this was a pretty safe barbecue taste, especially if you prefer sweet barbecue flavor rather than smokey or spicy.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: There was a barbecue smell, but it was a deeper aroma rather than a barbecue sauce-like smell. But it didn't seem to smell like wood smoke or mesquite either.
From the package: “Thank you for buying our very special Sweet Mesquite Barbecue Potato Chips. To create our newest recipe, we blended unique all natural ingredients into a full-bodied barbeque flavor that complements our crunchy chips. Tomatoes, onions and a blend of natural spices are combined with mesquite wood smoke creating the perfect robust barbeque recipe. With each crunchy bite, you'll experience savory sweetness with just a hint of mesquite smoke.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Cape Cod (72 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2036 snacks)
- Barbecue Snacks (488 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2008
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Euro Chips Classic Salted Potato Chips
- Toddy Malhado com Gotas Brancas e Pretas
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road