Cape Cod Kettle Cooked Potato Chips Russet
Taste test: Cape Cod's Dark Russet Potato Chips were long a favorite of many snackers, including us, but they've been absent from snack-aisle shelves for a number of years, along with other Cape Cod russet chips: Robust Russet, Golden Russet and Golden Russet Waves. But this time, as the bag declared, "You asked. It's back!" it was away with the adjectives and back to the basics, just "Russet."
The chips had wiggly shapes, including some folded-over chips and stuck-together pairs, with golden colors and lots of browning. We crunched in to find a somewhat stronger, less brittle crunch than we're used to from russet chips, still with good crispness. The taste was very good, with a fairly typical russet potato flavor, kind of buttery, but the flavor was a bit more subdued than the excellent Utz Dark Russets, so we were impressed by not thrilled.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good strong Russet potato smell.
From the package: “Sourced from McCrum's family farm, these premium russet potatoes tastes slightly sweet & buttery. When they are sliced and then carefully cooked in our special kettles, these dark golden colored chips deliver a unique potato chip flavor. They not only look amazing, they taste pretty amazing too!”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Cape Cod (72 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Regular Potato Chips (252 snacks)
- Russet potato chips (23 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road