Cape Cod Kettle Cooked Potato Chips New England Bisque
Taste test: These potato chips had the usual yellow color and wiggly shapes of Cape Cod chips, with a smattering of green bits on the surfaces. As a New Englander, I found the "New England Bisque" name confusing, as it kind of implied lobster bisque or some other kind of seafood bisque, but it didn't actually say it. The ingredients didn't include any kind of seafood. But that sure looked like a picture of a lobster tail on the bag!
I crunched in to find a tasty mix of savory seasonings that actually did seem to have a hint of lobster to it. It didn't remind me of a bisque all that much, but as for the unnamed implication of lobster, it did indeed pan out. Pretty good.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of remotely seafood-like, but not really like a seafood bisque.
From the package: “Limited Batch” ... “Close your eyes and you would think you were tasting an authentic New England Bisque – the flavor is that good.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Cape Cod (72 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Limited Editions (412 snacks)
- Seafood Snacks (61 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
- Frooze Balls Peanut Butter & Jelly
- 7-Select Strawberry Jelly Peanut Butter Cups
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Roasted Garlic & Herb
- Lil' Dutch Maid Iced Oatmeal Cookies
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road