Cape Cod Kettle Cooked Potato Chips Harvest Gold
Taste test: These potato chips were wiggly and had a good yellow color, and I crunched in to find that they had a good crispness with a moderate level of crunch and sort of a bubbly surface texture.
They had a lot of potato flavor and a middling level of salt. The taste was a bit different than the standard Cape Cod chips, but it wasn't enormously different. The aroma of the chips (see below) was definitely sweeter than your usual potato chips, but I didn't notice any particular sweetness in the taste. Not as clear of a standout as the hard-to-find Dark Russet chips from Cape Cod, but still a very good chip.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice, similar to Russet potato chips, but sweeter. Great.
From the package: “Made with Yukon Potatoes” ... “Harvest Gold - Not just another potato. Or chip. Not all potatoes look, cook or taste the same. In fact, these chips start out with a golden variety of potato that's a little sweeter than most, even buttery. So when we slice them thickly and cook them in 100% canola oil, we end up with a chip that's a little sweeter and yes, buttery.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Run to the Rock, Plymouth. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road