Cape Cod Tortilla Dipping Shells Ancient Grain Quinoa, Black Sesame & Amaranth
Taste test: Cape Cod's version of the dipping-optimized tortilla chip had simpler shapes than the many-sided Tostitos Scoops, with the round tortilla folded upward on four sides, at most. It's "at most" because the shapes varied from chip to chip, with some only having two or three of those four positions bent that way.
The chips had a pale yellow/beige color, with a fair number of large black spots on each chip, which were presumably the black sesame seeds. Even among the ones without all four sides folded, they worked pretty well for dipping, and the fully folded ones worked best for holding a maximum amount of salsa.
I also tried some plain chips to gauge the flavor without my intense salsa, and it was very nice, with a low level of salt that brought out a nice flavor from the corn and various grains and seeds.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Much sweeter than your typical tortilla chips.
From the package: “It's got Flavor. It's got Crunch. It's got Dippability. It's everything you expect from Cape Cod™, but now in a tortilla chip. What makes Ancient Grain Dipping Shells is the special blend of flavorful grains like Sesame, Amaranth, and Quinoa.”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Cape Cod (72 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Sesame Snacks (82 snacks)
- Quinoa Chips (26 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2015
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published April 2015.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road