Cape Cod Kettle Cooked Potato Chips Chef's Recipe Roasted Garlic & Red Pepper
Taste test: These chips looked like the original Cape Cod Potato Chips, with the same yellow color, wiggly shapes, bits of skin on the edges and dark spots here and there.
There was no seasoning powder that I could see. But when I crunched into my first chip, it was evident that these didn't taste the same, as they were quite generously loaded up with the garlic and red pepper seasoning. It got even better when I ate some more chips, as there was some serious zing. They didn't really taste like vinegar chips, but the vinegar that was included in the recipe brought out something extra in the garlic. Very nice.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like roasted vegetables with maybe some vinegar. Pretty good.
From the package: “Roasted garlic has been a staple ingredient throughout Chef Weldon's culinary career. And it's a perfect complement to the hearty potato flavor of a Cape Cod® kettle chip. To add a little more kick, the chef mixed in crushed red pepper flakes, balsamic vinegar and a bit of olive oil. It's a recipe that makes for a wonderful dipping sauce, or in this case, a chip you don't need to dip.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Cheetos Flavor Shots Cheddar Jalapeño Asteroids
- Pocky Choco Mint
- Bronoir Brownie Chocolate Chip Cookie
- StarKist Creations Microwavables Tuna Latin Citrus
- Elite Caramel
- Passatempo Sabor Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Ranch
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road