Cape Cod Kettle Cooked Potato Chips Limited Batch Back Bay Crab Seasoning
Taste test: The chips in this bag had a golden yellow color overall, with some dark bits of seasoning distributed fairly evenly on the surfaces, plus some scattered dark bits of skin on the edges. Most of the chips were quite wiggly and fairly small, with some folded-over chips in the mix.
We crunched in to find kind of a hard crunch and a tasty mix of crab spice seasoning and potato. As with the other "limited batch" flavor that Cape Cod released alongside this one, Asiago Cheese & Italian Herbs, the texture wasn't as good as we've come to expect from Cape Cod. It was crunchy but not brittle, with just a bit of a hard edge that brought it away from the ideal kettle chips texture. It was also not as strong of a taste as some of the other Old Bay chips, but it was still tasty. There was also a slightly hot aftertaste.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like Old Bay, but somewhat mild.
From the package: “We took your favorite crab seasoning and gave it Cape Cod crunch. We start with select potatoes, sliced them thick, and kettle cook them in small batches to a golden amber hue. Then we take an all-star list of spices including paprika, onion and salt, as well as a dash of sugar free touch of sweetness.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Cape Cod (72 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Limited Editions (412 snacks)
- Crab (27 snacks)
- Old Bay seasoned chips (12 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road