California Classics Apple Pie Crunch
Taste test: These small, crunchy snacks were shaped like puffed-up plus sign (+) and had a lot of sugary seasoning on them.
When I crunched in, there was a decent apple and cinnamon-like flavor from the seasoning, but it was tempered by the fact that the underlying puffs didn't have much taste to them. They tasted like bland rice chips, and a check of the ingredients revealed that the first ingredient was Rice Meal. They didn't taste actively bad, but the taste was just very bland, so I didn't particularly enjoy eating them. I did notice a second kick of apple and cinnamon sugar in the aftertaste, which I actually relatively enjoyed, as the bland taste of the rice puff had subsided by then. But overall, still not very good.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not much, but kind of remotely like apple pie.
From the package: “You've selected California Classics™ Apple Pie Crunch. We put the great taste of apples and cinnamon in one tasty treat. It's like having dessert for a snack ... without the guilt. They're great anytime you want to eat right but stay light.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Classic Foods, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published October 2010.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road