Calbee Yuzu Potato Chips
Taste test: These narrow-rippled potato chips didn't look like they had any special seasoning on them, as they had just a medium-yellow color, with some bits of skin on the edges.
The picture on the bag looked like a lemon, but one of our Japanese-savvy tasters identified it as a yuzu, which is also a citrus fruit but quite a bit different from a lemon. They had a citrusy taste that most people liked, with a slight zing to it. Definitely a different taste than and of the other 1000+ potato chips that we've reviewed.
Shop: Buy Calbee snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mostly like potato chips, but slightly citrusy.
Online store: Buy Calbee snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Japan (170 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (599 snacks)
- Unusual Flavors (95 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy in Tokyo. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road