Whole Cuts Bacon & Cheddar
Taste test: These fries, much like Calbee's differently branded Jagabee fries, absolutely looked like real fries, and they looked fantastic. They came in a variety of lengths, with some variations in color, plus skin on the ends of most pieces. Indeed, they were cut from potatoes just like fries, unlike most bagged "fries" like Andy Capp's that are made from processed potatoes or corn.
We crunched in to find a good crisp crunch, not too solid, with a pretty good rich potato flavor. They didn't taste like fries, nor really that much like potato chips, but they did taste pretty good. The cheddar and bacon seasoning was noticeable, but only slightly, as it really should have been much stronger.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very mild. Just a hint of bacon.
From the package: “Cut like a fry • Crunch like a chip” ... “100% russet potato” ... “We admit it — we love potatoes. Whole Cuts is the tasty snack made from delicious, whole, US-grown Russet potatoes. We cut them like a fry, yet they crunch like a chip for an amazingly unique combination.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Calbee North America, LLC
Categories for this snack:
- Cheddar Snacks (417 snacks)
- Fries (146 snacks)
- Bacon Flavor Snacks (138 snacks)
- Russet potato chips (23 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at H Mart, Cambridge/Burlington, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Passatempo Sabor Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Ranch
- Elite PesekZman Wafer Rolls
- Walkers Stax Sour Cream & Onion
- Toppo Cheese Tart
- Elite PesekZman Big Bite
- Late July Organic Sea Salt Thin & Crispy Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road