Calbee Shrimp Chips Yuzu and Black Pepper
Taste test: These shrimp chips had a fry-like appearance, but the ripples were much more subtle than the ones pictured on the bag, and there was also some very fine black powder on the surfaces.
We crunched in to find a crisp, loud crunch that was quite nice, with a lightly peppery initial taste, followed by a fishy type of flavor, with the pepper coming back to dominate the aftertaste. Tasty, with less of a shrimp dominance than the original Calbee shrimp chips.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of fishy.
From the package: “Wheat Puffed Snacks” ... “Baked” ... “New Flavor” ... “Product of Thailand” ... “Inspired by an age-old Japanese recipe and beloved in the U.S. for over 50 years, East meets West as Calbee Shrimp Chips captures the authentic flavor of natural, wild shrimp in this delicious, baked snack.” ... “Under the license and the strictest quality control of Calbee, Inc. Japan”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Calbee North America, LLC
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Thailand (55 reviews)
- Fries (145 snacks)
- Seafood Chips (136 snacks)
- Salt & Pepper Chips (126 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Super 88, Boston. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Guacamole!
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Fritos Lime & Chile Corn Chips
- Takis Blue Heat
- Hostess Wintermint Ding Dongs
- Stuffed Puffs
- TGI Fridays Potato Skins Bacon Ranch
- Red Rock Deli Fire Roasted Jalapeño Kettle Style Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road