Calbee Seaweed & Salt Potato Chips
Taste test: These potato chips had lots of green specks on them, and it took just one bite to taste that they were indeed loaded with some sort of seaweed-like flavor.
The initial flavor was quite strong, and it was quite divisive among our tasters, as about half liked it, while most of the others were quite turned off by it. After the initial hit of seaweed, the taste was actually quite different, as the salt and potato were quite a contrast. One taster thought the flavor was like molasses. None of our snackers were in much of a rush to eat lots of these.
Shop: Buy Calbee snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very seaweedy.
From the package: “Crispy fresh crunch”
Online store: Buy Calbee snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at H Mart, Cambridge/Burlington, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road