Saya Wasabi Ranch Snow Pea Crisps
Taste test: These snacks were shaped kind of like pea pods, though the ones in the bag had a lighter green color than the ones in the picture on the bag, and they lacked the individual pea bumps shown as well.
I crunched in to find a crumbly-but-dense feel, with a definite wasabi taste, though just a mild zing. I didn't particularly notice any ranch flavor, but maybe a little ranch creaminess did help to temper the wasabi (which is not to say it needed tempering). Nothing special here, but OK.
Shop: Buy Calbee snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of like a zesty salad dressing, but an oil-and-vinegar one, not a ranch one.
From the package: “Baked • Gluten Free” ... “Enjoy the light, crunchy taste of Saya Snow Pea Crisps. They're the perfect snack for any occasion or a topper to add some zing too your favorite salad. Less fat and sodium make them the fun, good-for-you snack alternative.”
Online store: Buy Calbee snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Japan (170 reviews)
- Vegetable Chips (147 snacks)
- Ranch Chips (123 snacks)
- Wasabi or Horseradish Chips (62 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at H Mart, Cambridge/Burlington, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Wegmans WOs Halloween Double Filled Chocolate Sandwich Crème Cookies
- Gingerbread Oreo (2020)
- Guinness Caramel Chocolate
- Snyder's of Hanover Rounds Butter Flavored
- Clancy's Roasted Sweet Corn Popcorn
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road