Calbee Grill-A-Corn Mala Flavored
Taste test: These cheese curl-shaped snacks had a mustardy yellow color with some brownish parts.
I crunched in to find a crisp crunch and some unusual spices to start, though fairly mild. It was tasty enough that I ate a bunch more, and when I stopped, the somewhat hot aftertaste was quite different from any other curl-type snacks I've tried. It reminded me most closely of the Lay's Numb & Spicy chips, with their very distinct Sichuan Pepper sensation, but the overall spice level was much lower in this case. If you enjoy trying new spices, try these!
Shop: Buy Calbee snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Quite a tangy zing, really different and nice.
From the package: “Prepared and packed in China”
Online store: Buy Calbee snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Super 88, Boston. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road