Cactus Joe Oven Baked Fries Hot Fries
Taste test: These fries had an appearance very similar to Andy Capp's fries, though without a bright red color, as these were more of a dull orange, less bright than shown on the bag.
I crunched in to find that Cactus Joe's version had an even lighter feel than Andy Capp's, with an excellent crispness, for maybe the best texture of any bagged fries we've tried. The lightness and crispness really stood out, plus these didn't stick to the teeth nearly as much as Andy Capp's. The taste wasn't particularly hot on the first bite, as it was sort of a smoky taste. The heat kicked in for the aftertaste for a moderately hot flavor, pretty good, though not a standout. If he could combine this texture with a more impressive flavor, Cactus Joe would really have something here.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not much, just a mild, nondescript smell.
From the package: “Cactus Joe™ Hot Fries may not be the hottest thing on the planet (stay focused here, we're talking about food) but their zesty flavor and satisfying crunch can add a little spice to even the blandest of lives. Don't worry, we talked to our experts and they said the odds of spontaneous human combustion are next to nil, since it's not even a proven phenomenon.” ... “Corn & potato snacks”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Medallion Foods, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Save-A-Lot Food Stores. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
- Frooze Balls Peanut Butter & Jelly
- 7-Select Strawberry Jelly Peanut Butter Cups
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Roasted Garlic & Herb
- Lil' Dutch Maid Iced Oatmeal Cookies
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road