Gold Emblem Aged Cheddar & Black Pepper Kettle Cooked Waffle Chips
Taste test: These potato chips had the same dual-cut ripples that we've seen in several other kinds of chips, with a light yellow color, lots of dark skin around the edges, and some dark seasoning bits of various sizes scattered around the surfaces. Like many of the similarly cut chips, there were holes straight through the surfaces in some of the places where the two ripples cuts intersected.
I crunched in to find a solid crunch and an immediate hit of tasty cheddar. The black pepper was noticeable as well, but more in the way that it altered the cheese than in giving a significant black pepper kick — and there were some other mild spices in the mix as well. The mix of cheddar, potato and flavorings worked well. Good chips.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Definitely some black pepper, but not sharp and kind of garlicy, with some cheddar.
From the package: “made with real cheese” ... “Gold Emblem Aged Cheddar & Black Pepper Kettle Cooked Waffle Chips are the totally addictive crispy, crunchy, peppery and cheesy answer to your snacking prayers. With Gold Emblem, you can turn any day into a celebration.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Company: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Potato Chips (2016 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (606 snacks)
- Cheddar Snacks (427 snacks)
- Salt & Pepper Chips (131 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2020
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road