Guinness Rich Chili Thick Cut Hand Cooked Potato Chips
Taste test: These chips had a similar brown-and-yellow appearance to the non-Chili version of the Guinness chips, with a thick cut, wiggly shapes and bubbles embedded inside.
I crunched in to find a taste that was remarkably similar to the original kind, very tasty, but not really anything in terms of a jalapeño pepper taste (and again not like a beer at all, for those hoping for that). There was a mild jalapeño heat in the aftertaste, quite tasty, but emphasis on a mild part, as this was not much of a hot chip. Very good, though.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice kick of spices with some nice heat.
From the package: “Continuing our mission to take taste buds to new extremes, we've taken fresh jalapeño chilies and infused the world's most iconic stout to create Guinness Rich Chili Burts Chips.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Guinness (4 snacks)
- Snacks from the UK (329 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2035 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1076 snacks)
- Jalapeno Snacks (247 snacks)
- Alcohol-themed Snacks (58 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2015
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published December 2015.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
- Lay's Kettle Cooked Flamin' Hot Limón
- Cheetos Japanese Steak
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road