Taste test: This small box (enclosed in a wrapper) was packed to the top with small potato chips.
The chips had a light yellow color, with wiggly and folded shapes, and there was lots of skin around the edges, including some dark spot along the skin. As with the other flavors of Boxerchips, small and broken chips dominated the box. A close look at the chips revealed some tiny bits of black pepper, but not a lot of them. I grabbed a few chips and crunched in to find a very, very strong crunch that went a along with a very weak black pepper flavor. If it hadn't said on the wrapper than there was pepper, I might not have noticed it at all. The aftertaste was really nice, as there was some black pepper (still not a lot) and a rich potato aftertaste that was quite tasty. It seemed like they added enough black pepper to help bring out the potato taste, but not enough to really add much of a black pepper flavor.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very mild black pepper smell.
From the package: “The Original Box of Crisps”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Ireland (110 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2036 snacks)
- Sea Salt Chips (236 snacks)
- Salt & Pepper Chips (132 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2012
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published November 2012.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Cadbury 5 Star 3D
- Corn Nuts Crunch Mix Fiery Hot
- Torku Tatkrak Baharatlı Kraker
- Royalty Ginger Nuts
- Euro Chips Classic Salted Potato Chips
- Toddy Malhado com Gotas Brancas e Pretas
- Like Home Sponge Cake
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road