Boulder Canyon Natural Foods Jalapeno Cheddar Kettle Cooked Potato Chips
Taste test: These potato chips had wiggly, irregular shapes and a light yellow color with some browning, some skin on the edges, plus a few bits of green seasoning.
We crunched in to find a very nice texture, with an excellent crunch and good crispness, plus a nice taste. However, the tasty, mild cheddar flavor and intense potato taste was unfortunately about it, as the level of jalapeno flavor and heat was pretty close to none. A jalapeno chip should ideally both be hot and taste like jalapeño. If not both, one would be nice. But these chips had neither.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Quite nice, though mild, mix of cheese and potato. Not much in the way of jalapeño.
From the package: “Since 1994, we have operated Boulder Chips in Boulder, Colorado. Using a simple family recipe, we kettle-cook select potatoes in small batches using sunflower and/or safflower oil. We use totally natural ingredients, hand-rake every batch, and test chips at every stage of preparation to ensure quality and taste.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Boulder Canyon (21 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
- Cheddar Snacks (421 snacks)
- Jalapeno Chips (241 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Ocean State Job Lot. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road