Boulder Canyon Natural Foods Hickory Barbeque Kettle Cooked Potato Chips
Taste test: These potato chips had wiggly, irregular shapes, some large bubbles and a light orange overall color, as the golden yellow chips had some browning and dark orange seasoning.
I crunched in to find that the chips were quite tasty from a nice smoky barbecue seasoning, but the texture did not impress me. There as some crunchiness without the requisite crispness, so the chips just didn't feel right. A crisper feel might have helped to bring out the otherwise excellent barbecue seasoning to make these top-notch chips, but without the good crispness, these chips were pretty average.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice smoky hickory smell.
From the package: “Since 1994, we have operated Boulder Chips in Boulder, Colorado. Using a simple family recipe, we kettle-cook select potatoes in small batches using sunflower and/or safflower oil. We use totally natural ingredients, hand-rake every batch, and test chips at every stage of preparation to ensure quality and taste.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Boulder Canyon (21 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2020 snacks)
- Barbecue Snacks (484 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2012
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road