Beanitos Pinto Bean & Flax Chips
Taste test: These round chips were quite dark, with a medium-brown overall color and lots of dark brown from the flaxseeds embedded inside the surface.
Our tasters crunched in and were universally distressed by the taste. The initial taste was kind of bad and reminded some tasters of seaweed (though seaweed wasn't listed in the ingredients). If that taste was bad, the aftertaste was far worse. Some of our tasters actively sought out other snacks to cover up the taste. Nobody who tried these had anything good to say. Just dreadful.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Pretty bad. Kind of like seaweed.
From the package: “Beanitos Pinto Bean & Flaxseed Chips are the only pinto bean chips that are 100% corn free! Yes, we said absolutely no corn! Distinctively delicious with a crispy crunch, we thought it was high time to kick the corn and make some chips that taste great and actually have some nutritional value! Wow, what a concept! You see, corn is cheap and it's used to make ethanol gas for cars, to get cows fat, and as an ingredients in over 4000 products in your local supermarket!”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Bean Brand Foods
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
- Seeds (70 snacks)
- Bean Chips (48 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2010
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road