Beanitos Black Bean Chips
Taste test: These round tortilla chips were nearly black in color, and they truly tasted awful.
There was kind of a somewhat icky taste on the first bite, and it just got worse and worse after that in the aftertaste. The bad taste came early enough that I ended up taking just one small bite out of one chip, but even with just the one bite, there was bad a lingering taste was kind of seaweedy and fishy, with sort of a bad greasy feel. We ate these not long after trying Brad's Raw Chips, with the same tasting panel. Even the minority that was able to tolerate Brad's chips didn't like these at all. Yuck!
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Sort of like seaweed, but strictly in a bad way.
From the package: “Beanitos Black Bean Chips are the only black bean chips that are 100% corn free! Yes, we said absolutely no corn! Distinctively delicious with a crispy crunch, we thought it was high time to kick the corn and make some chips that taste great and actually have some nutritional value! Wow, what a concept! You see, corn is cheap and it's used to make ethanol gas for cars, to get cows fat, and as an ingredients in over 4000 products in your local supermarket!”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Bean Brand Foods
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Ocean State Job Lot. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Nuttoz Roasted Chana Masala
- Wibisco Shirley Biscuits
- Taco Bell Cheddar Crisps Fire! Sauce Flavor
- Terrell's Syracuse Style Potato Chips
- Godiva Signature Milk Chocolate 8 Mini Bars
- Good & Smart Potato Crisps Sour Cream & Onion
- Lipo Mini Roll Strawberry Flavor
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road