Batatip Batata Lisa
Taste test: These potato chips had a pale yellow color and looked fairly thick, with some salt visible on most of the chips.
When I crunched in, the taste was much different taste than any other potato chips I've tried (and I've tried a lot of potato chips). The flavor seemed weaker at first, so I thought that there wasn't any salt on them, but it sure looked like there was salt. I could taste some potato, but it just tasted different. There was a somewhat greasy feeling in my mouth after eating two chips, markedly different than I recall from any other non-lard-based potato chips. I translated the Portuguese ingredients into English and found that these used "hydrogenated vegetable fat" as opposed to oil, so that might explain the different taste. I didn't find the taste to be awful or offensive, but it definitely was not what I expected.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not much, but slightly sweet, almost like plantain chips.
From the package: “Peso líquido 50g” ... “Ingredientes: Batata, Gordura Vegetal Hidrogenada e Sal Refinado”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Seabra Supermarket, formerly Mundial Market, formerly Gol! Supermarket, formerly Supermercado Brasileiro, Somerville, Mass. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
- Stacy's Pita Thins Five Cheese
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road