Barcel Chips Diabla Flavor Burst
Taste test: These potato chips from Mexico had wiggly shapes and a generous amount of deep red seasoning on their surfaces, so they looked liked they were going to be hot.
I crunched in to find a nice crispness and good crunch. There was indeed a flavor burst as the bag said, but the heat didn't rise to the expected level. There was a good amount of heat, just not quite the overwhelming level that I expected from the red color and "Diabla" name, and the mix of peppers and spices was excellent. I shared these with a number of snackers enjoying some beers after going for a run, and people all liked the flavor but had different interpretations of it. One was convinced it was like Buffalo sauce, while another found a similarity to spicy ketchup. A great one from Barcel.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice mix of peppers.
From the package: “Homestyle Crunch” ... “Potato chips red hot chili pepper artificially flavored”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Barcel USA LLC
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Mexico (126 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2005 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
- Chili Chips (226 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Wal-Mart. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Good Life Finute Corn Chips
- Cadina Potato Chips Crinkle Cut XO Sauce Flavor
- Today Cocoa 3 Bites
- Blekis Bléo Crème
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road