Barcel Chip's Papas Toreadas Habanero
Taste test: These potato chips had surfaces that ranged from yellow to light orange, with very wiggly shapes, bubbles embedded inside and a fairly thick cut.
We like hot stuff, but we're always wary of anything habanero for fear of being over-the-top hot, so we were careful to have a beverage ready before crunching in to these. We tried our first chip (a large, folded-over one) to find that the it was quite loaded with flavor, and although we quickly made use of the beverage (cranberry-grape juice) it wasn't really the flavor we expected. The taste was a very cistrusy heat, with quite a kick, but not just the raw heat of the habanero. Good, but quite different in flavor from your typical habanero chip.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: A bit of the hot pepper kick, but not too much.
From the package: “Habanero artificially flavored” ... “New Look” ... “Kettle Cooked Potato Chips”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Barcel USA LLC
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Mi Salvador Mexicano, Chelsea, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road