Barcel Artisan Style Habanero Potato Chips
Taste test: These potato chips had a strong yellow color, with wiggly shapes and lots of bubbles embedded inside. We crunched in to find a flavor that combined habanero peppers with some other stuff, resulting in kind of a citrusy taste that was tangy and fairly hot. It started out with more mild heat and strong flavor, then they switched roles with a strong burn in the aftertaste.
There were actually no hot peppers of any kind specified in the ingredients, but still a nice hot kick here!
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong habanero smell, made my mouth water.
From the package: “Made in Mexico” ... “Ingredients: Potatoes, Vegetable Oil (Palm and/or Canola and/or Soybean), Maltodextrin, Salt, Sugar, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Citric Acid, Monosodium Glutamate, Food Starch-Modified, Artificial Colors (Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake). May contain soy, milk, egg and wheat.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Barcel USA LLC
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Mexico (126 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2005 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
- Habanero Chips (52 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Tropical Foods, Boston. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Good Life Finute Corn Chips
- Cadina Potato Chips Crinkle Cut XO Sauce Flavor
- Today Cocoa 3 Bites
- Blekis Bléo Crème
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road