Taste test: With a name that was such an obvious knockoff of Pirate's Booty, we were expecting this snack to be a close imitation. But the snacks in this bag looked like mini, stubby cheese curls, rather than the more oddly shaped pieces that Pirate's Booty offers. Lengths ranged from half an inch to a full inch.
We crunched in to find a mild white cheddar flavor and a styrofoam-like texture. Nothing special here for taste, and not good at all among cheese puffs as texture goes. But it was fun to look at the bag.
Shop: Buy cheese puffs on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild cheese smell. Not much.
From the package: “Aged White Cheddar Puffs” ... “The snack authorities are offering you a bounty. The compensation? Delicious, cheesy corn puffs. Imagine white cheddar generously drizzled over an airy corn crunch. So, go ahead and snack and don't feel guilty about it! The taste is your reward.”
Online store: Buy cheese puffs on Amazon #ad
Company: Classic Foods, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Cannoli Chips Powdered Sugar
- 7 Select Loco Rollers Habanero + Lime
- Yum Earth Organic Gummy Fruits
- Lay's Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- Wanted Pops Wafer
- Churros Cacau do Brasil
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Lemon & Pepper
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road