Lay's Baked Cream, Herb & Onion Flavour
Taste test: These rippled potato crisps from India had irregular but loosely hexagonal shapes, with a pale yellow color overall but lots of bits of green stuff embedded inside. Yes, despite being Lay's and not Ruffles, did not have the flat surfaces of the American flavors of Baked Lay's.
We crunched in to find a texture a lot like Baked Ruffles, with a good crispness and brittle crunch. The mix of potato, sour cream and herbs was tasty, as the sour cream was intense and the herbs fresh-tasting and strong. Very tasty.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice zesty mix of herbs.
From the package: “Potato Crisps” ... “At Lay's we are always open to new tasty experiences, so that's why we put a lot of extra effort into creating a snack with a difference — Lay's Baked. First up — they taste great. That's because we bake them for crispy crunchiness and exceptional taste. And because they are baked, they contain 50% less fat.” ... “From the makers of the world's No. 1 potato chip”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Baked Lay's (5 snacks)
- Snacks from India (93 reviews)
- Ripple Chips (599 snacks)
- Potato Crisps (415 snacks)
- Onion Snacks (112 snacks)
- Herbs (64 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Little India, Somerville, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road