Backer's BBQ Potato Chips
Taste test: These potato chips had somewhat wiggly shapes and some bubbles embedded inside. The bright surfaces ranged through different shades of orange, with a smattering of small, darker seasoning bits. Some of the chips were quite large.
We crunched in to find a crunch that varied a lot from one chip to the next, and a tasty barbecue seasoning that had some mild kick to it, mixing well with the rich potato flavor. Good chips.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Typical BBQ chips mix of spices. Tangy.
From the package: ” 'The Golden Girl with the Golden Curl' Since 1931” ... “Backer's Potato Chip Co. was founded in 1931, by Grandpa and Grandma Backer on the bank of Hillers Creek in Callaway County, Missouri. The potatoes were peeled by hand, sliced in a hand crank slicer and cooked in a doughnut kettle a few pounds at a time. Our distribution area was a 15 mile radius with the potato chips delivered with the family car. The bags were of waxed paper and closed with a paper clip.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Backer's Potato Chip Co.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Mike's Fresh Market, Detroit. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road