Old Dutch Arriba Tortilla Chips Sriracha
Taste test: These tortilla chips looked a lot like Doritos, with the same shape, a similar surface texture and even a color that just about matched Nacho Cheese Doritos. The lure here, of course, was the Sriracha flavor. A very close look at the surfaces revealed some tiny bits of red seasoning, but they were sufficiently few and small that it didn't affect the overall color much.
I crunched in to find a brittle crunch, a little less crisp than Doritos, with a very mildly spicy taste. Even a small dose of actual Sriracha sauce can pack a big punch, but this was extremely weak in comparison. It did provide just the mildest of burns in the lingering aftertaste, but still, underwhelming.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice toasted corn smell, but not really any sriracha.
From the package: “Intense flavour + amazing crunch” ... “The way it should be!”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Canada (334 reviews)
- Hot Chips (988 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (590 snacks)
- Sriracha Snacks (31 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Amy and Mary Anna in Montreal. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Guacamole!
- Takis Blue Heat
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Jays Hot Stuff Crunchy Cheezlets
- Hostess Wintermint Ding Dongs
- Stuffed Puffs
- TGI Fridays Potato Skins Bacon Ranch
- Red Rock Deli Fire Roasted Jalapeño Kettle Style Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road