Alexia Waffle Fries Hot Pepper
Taste test: Ever since I ate the amazing Alexia Onion Strips I've had high expectations for the other Alexia snacks, so I expected a lot of from this bag. These fries were cut like waffle fries or cross-cut fries, with a hard and crunchy texture rather than a freshly fried one. The previous Alexia fries flavor that we tried, Aged Cheddar, wasn't so good.
I crunched into these to find that the taste was nothing great. There was some sort of hot peppers, and I guess I could taste potatoes, but the flavor just wasn't appealing. The crunch was OK, but somehow I expect better with this shape, having eating lots of identically shaped fries from Chick-fil-A. The hot aftertaste from these fries was pretty decent, but overall they were nothing special.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nothing particularly distinctive.
From the package: “Real natural russet potatoes & seasonings” ... “0g Trans Fat per serving” ... “These Alexia snacks use chef inspired recipes and only the finest ingredients — like all-natural Russet potatoes, Spanish onions and carefully selected herbs and spices — to create irresistibly crunchy and delicious seasoned snacks.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Alexia Foods, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published June 2010.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road