Al Chipino Peri Peri
Taste test: These tortilla chips had the same smaller-than-Doritos shapes as Al Chipino's BBQ Tikka Masala flavor, with a similar light orange color, but there was also a smattering of darker orange powder in this case. We hoped that the corn was a sign of the heat to come, as Peri Peri is supposed to be a fairly hot pepper, in the same range as habanero.
We crunched in to find a light crunch and very tasty, tangy hot pepper taste. The heat was pretty mild at first, but it snuck back up a bit in the aftertaste.
The only other Peri Peri-flavored snack that we've reviewed happened to also be tortilla chips from India, and that kind did deliver a stronger heat than this one.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice tangy pepper smell.
From the package: “From the jungles of Africa, Peri Peri arrived to the land of spices. India couldn't tame it but added its spice, fire and heat. Let the taste buds run fiery wild!” ... “Ideally paired with a pale-hued, fizzy beverage that rhymes with deer.”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Yellow Iris Foods, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from India (98 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1063 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Chili Chips (233 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2018
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road