1853 Kettle Cooked Buttermilk & Herb Potato Chips
Taste test: These potato chips had a very yellow color to them, nearly bright yellow in some cases, with wiggly shapes, bits of skin around the edges and a smattering of dark seasoning powder.
The flavor combined a good helping of salt with a tasty mix of spices and herbs. Some of the chips were fairly large, and some had long shapes. Once our tasters crunched in, they loved these chips, as people returned to the bag for more and more.
Shop: Buy Herr's Snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice potatoey smell with some herbs.
From the package: “Who says they don't make them like they used to? When confronted with a whiny diner who wan't happy with the cut of his fries, Chef George Crum responded like a true American. He went back to the kitchen and came out with the world's first batch of potato chips. That was 1853. And no one has complained since. Today the ingenious simplicity of Crum's creation lives on in every bag of 1853 Kettle Cooked Chips. We start with farm-selected potatoes, slice them thick, and cooked them slow in small batches. The result is a chip that delivers hearty potato flavor and a satisfying crunch that George would undoubtedly be proud to call his own.”
Online store: Buy Herr's Snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Kmart. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road