Taste test: Just like the other two Watz cheese puff flavors (Lime Tornado and Cheese Shock), this bag prominently mentions that it's "From the makers of Takis," so for Takis fans, that's a very enticing thing. The other ones failed to impress in the flavor department, but as actual new flavors, that didn't rub off too much on my esteem for Takis. This time, however, the Fuego flavor was taken directly from a very popular version of Takis.
The puffs had a reddish orange color, but not as intensely red as Takis Fuego, nor as shockingly bright as the Lime Tornado Watz.
I bit in to find the same somewhat odd cheese puff feel as the other Watz, with an immediate hit of hot peppers that was fairly similar to the Takis. It wasn't an exact Fuego match, and at times, the flavor reminded me (in a good way) of some other brands of hot cheese puffs, with their tasty combination of hot peppers and cheese. A nice taste and a hot one, this was the best of the three Watz.
Shop: Buy cheese puffs on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good cheese and hot pepper smell.
From the package: “Cheese, Hot Chili Peppers & Lime Artificially Flavored Puffed Corn Snack”
Online store: Buy cheese puffs on Amazon #ad
Company: Barcel USA LLC
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Mexico (124 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1035 snacks)
- Cheese Puffs (420 snacks)
- Chili Chips (225 snacks)
- Lime Chips (153 snacks)
This snack was discovered at Supermercado Latino, Everett, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Non Stop Munchies Spices Treat Potato Chips
- Sara Lee For Me! Cinnamon Crumb Cake
- Cravingz Spongiez Chocolate
- Lay's Big Wave Spicy Hot Pot
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road