Taste test: Just like the other two Watz cheese puff flavors (Lime Tornado and Cheese Shock), this bag prominently mentions that it's "From the makers of Takis," so for Takis fans, that's a very enticing thing. The other ones failed to impress in the flavor department, but as actual new flavors, that didn't rub off too much on my esteem for Takis. This time, however, the Fuego flavor was taken directly from a very popular version of Takis.
The puffs had a reddish orange color, but not as intensely red as Takis Fuego, nor as shockingly bright as the Lime Tornado Watz.
I bit in to find the same somewhat odd cheese puff feel as the other Watz, with an immediate hit of hot peppers that was fairly similar to the Takis. It wasn't an exact Fuego match, and at times, the flavor reminded me (in a good way) of some other brands of hot cheese puffs, with their tasty combination of hot peppers and cheese. A nice taste and a hot one, this was the best of the three Watz.
Shop: Buy cheese puffs on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good cheese and hot pepper smell.
From the package: “Cheese, Hot Chili Peppers & Lime Artificially Flavored Puffed Corn Snack”
Online store: Buy cheese puffs on Amazon #ad
Company: Barcel USA LLC
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Mexico (126 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1060 snacks)
- Cheese Puffs (424 snacks)
- Chili Chips (231 snacks)
- Lime Snacks (157 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2019
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
- Marilan Tartelette Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road