Taste test: Just like the other two Watz cheese puff flavors (Lime Tornado and Cheese Shock), this bag prominently mentions that it's "From the makers of Takis," so for Takis fans, that's a very enticing thing. The other ones failed to impress in the flavor department, but as actual new flavors, that didn't rub off too much on my esteem for Takis. This time, however, the Fuego flavor was taken directly from a very popular version of Takis.
The puffs had a reddish orange color, but not as intensely red as Takis Fuego, nor as shockingly bright as the Lime Tornado Watz.
I bit in to find the same somewhat odd cheese puff feel as the other Watz, with an immediate hit of hot peppers that was fairly similar to the Takis. It wasn't an exact Fuego match, and at times, the flavor reminded me (in a good way) of some other brands of hot cheese puffs, with their tasty combination of hot peppers and cheese. A nice taste and a hot one, this was the best of the three Watz.
Shop: Buy cheese puffs on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good cheese and hot pepper smell.
From the package: “Cheese, Hot Chili Peppers & Lime Artificially Flavored Puffed Corn Snack”
Online store: Buy cheese puffs on Amazon #ad
Company: Barcel USA LLC
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Mexico (122 reviews)
- Hot Chips (1006 snacks)
- Cheese Puffs (416 snacks)
- Chili Chips (220 snacks)
- Lime Chips (149 snacks)
This snack was discovered at Supermercado Latino, Everett, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
- Stacy's Pita Thins Five Cheese
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road