Utz Baked Cheddar Cheese Rings
Taste test: Cheese puffs in shapes other than the standard curls, puffs and balls are not unheard of, but they are rare, so we were excited when we spotted this new ring shape from Utz among the other cheese puffs on the shelf. We've previously seen a ring shape from Wise with their Cheese Doodle O's, but sightings of those are few and far between.
We opened the bag to find that these rings were a bit smaller than your typical onion rings, and they were fairly thin, with a bright orange/yellow color, not as orange as many cheese puffs because the cheese didn't quite cover the whole surface, letting some of the yellow corn meal underneath show through.
The rings had a nice, fairly light crunch and lots of very tasty cheddar flavor. We offered them to lots of snackers who were enjoying various kinds of beer after running a 5K race, and people loved the taste as they crunched through handfuls of rings. Those who had any interest in doing so made sure to play with the rings before eating them, slipping one or more rings onto their fingers. Very good — say cheese!
Shop: Buy Utz snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good cheese and corn smell.
From the package: “Fun food!” ... “Made with real cheese” ... “Gluten free”
Online store: Buy Utz snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road