Taste test: These curls from Poland had shapes similar to Crunchy Cheetos, with a light orange color that wasn't as fluorescent as Cheetos. They promised a ketchup flavor that we're still waiting for Cheetos to produce!
We crunched in to find a nice crisp, crunchy feel and a nice, mildly tangy flavor that only seemed like ketchup if I thought about ketchup. The taste was good, but the ketchup aspect was just not quite as obvious as it was with most of the other ketchup-flavored snacks we've reviewed.
The bag featured a round, hairy mascot whom we previously saw on a bag of Mr. Snaki. On the front, it was holding one of the snacks in one hand and a bottle of ketchup in the other. The word "Maczugi" translates into mace, so apparently the ketchup curl can be used as a weapon. On the back of the bag, the same mascot was promoting other snacks from the same company, posing with various shapes of snacks held up to be its eyes, teeth or mouth.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild but tangy tomato smell.
From the package: “Potwornie pyszne!” ... “Chrupki kukurydziane o smaku ketchupu”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Poland (93 reviews)
- Non-cheese Puffs (129 snacks)
- Ketchup Chips (68 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2018
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road