Poofy Puffs White Cheddar Jalapeno
Taste test: This was the third kind of Poofy Puffs that we've reviewed, following the very good Maple Crunch and the disappointing Spicy Cheese, which was a long way from the claim that all Poofy Puffs make of being crunchy.
The puffs had a pale yellow color and short, curvy shapes. I had to look very closely to see some sparse, fine darker bits, so small that they hardly affected the overall color.
I crunched to find that this one had a crunch! Some of the pieces were merely crisp with a soft crunch, while others had something in them that gave a more solid crunch. On the first few bites, it was a plain corn cereal-like taste, but as I ate more pieces, I did get a good helping of cheddar, as well as a hot jalapeño kick. It got hotter and tastier as I ate more — a nice mild burn. Great taste!
Shop: Buy cheese puffs on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not much. Definite no jalapeño, maybe the slightest hint of cheddar.
From the package: “We love cheese. You love cheese. Like a little heat too? Then this super cheesy treat is for you. We've turned this snack up a notch by coating our deliciously crunchy puffed corn with with real aged white cheddar and jalapeno.”
Online store: Buy cheese puffs on Amazon #ad
Company: 7-Eleven, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Hot Snacks (1064 snacks)
- Cheddar Snacks (427 snacks)
- Cheese Puffs (423 snacks)
- Jalapeno Snacks (246 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2021
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road