Old Dutch Cheesy Jalapeno Puffcorn
Taste test: This snack took the pseudo-popcorn shape of a cheese puff made to look sort of like popcorn, with an unevenly applied orange seasoning, yellow in the spots where the orange missed.
There were also some tiny dark specks that I assumed were green but actually looked black upon closer examination. I grabbed a handful of pieces and popped them into my mouth to find an OK texture (just slightly styrofoamy, not quite melt-in-your-mouth) with good hit of tasty cheese but no jalapeno and no heat. Quite disappointing. I did notice a bit of heat in the aftertaste, but it was too little, too late.
Shop: Buy cheese puffs on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice cheese smell, fairly typical for cheese puffs, but no jalapeno that I could notice.
From the package: “Taste our delicious Cheesy Puffcorn and Kick-it up with Jalapeno Peppers to create a spicy new treat ... Old Dutch Cheesy Jalapeno Puffcorn! Now that's what a snack should be!! Starting with the simple goodness of corn, puffed-up nice and light, our Cheesy Jalapeno Puffcorn is then flavored with creamy cheddar cheese and dusted with a special blend of jalapeno pepper spices for a zesty flavor that you simply can't get enough of.”
Online store: Buy cheese puffs on Amazon #ad
Company: Old Dutch Foods Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Hot Snacks (1064 snacks)
- Cheese Puffs (424 snacks)
- Jalapeno Snacks (246 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2011
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road