Market Basket White Cheddar Nuggets
Taste test: These store-brand snacks were clearly a knockoff of Pirate's Booty, and they were far from the first. The name didn't follow the formula quite as much as Miner's Gold, Sailor's Loot or Bandit's Bounty, but like the others, this one had a mascot, who seemed to be mining gold nuggets. (I loved the way the donkey on the bag announced, "They're Gluten Free!")
The puffs came in varying shapes, some C-shaped and some more like Pirate's Booty. I crunched in to find a crisp, very light feel, with a very low but still detectable level of white cheddar cheese. There was enough cheese that I could taste more than just the corn, but it took eating several pieces in a row before the cheese came close to a reasonable level. Not bad, but please, more cheese!
Shop: Buy cheese puffs on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild cheese smell.
From the package: “37% less sodium than our original puff'n'corn snacks” ... “Baked corn snacks” ... “They're Gluten Free!”
Online store: Buy cheese puffs on Amazon #ad
Company: DeMoulas Supermarkets, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- StarKist Tuna Creations Ranch
- Elite PesekZman Wafer Rolls
- Walkers Stax Sour Cream & Onion
- Toppo Cheese Tart
- Elite PesekZman Big Bite
- Late July Organic Sea Salt Thin & Crispy Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
- Shirakiku Cinema Popcorn Hot Spicy
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road