Jax Puff'n Corn
Taste test: This bag contained small, soft, irregularly shaped cheese puffs, with bright orange areas where the cheese powder was and bright yellow where it wasn't.
The texture and taste were good, similar to what we've come to expect from puffed version of Jax, but the small pieces were kind of awkward to hold and to eat. Compared to these, the puffed Jax are quite a bit bigger, and the crunchy ones come in a variety of shapes and sizes, but mostly bigger than these, and they're largely stick-shaped and thus easier to hold. We expected the shapes to be like Chester's Puffcorn because of the similar name, but these were way, way smaller. (Neither kind much resembled popcorn, as these erred on the small side and Chester's on the big side.) As with the other kinds of Jax, these left lots of cheese powder residue on the fingertips. A good taste, but really not that convenient to eat.
Shop: Buy cheese puffs on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good cheddar cheese puffs smell.
From the package: “Ever wish you could find deliciously cheesy Jax taste in another great product? Look no further! Jax Puff'n Corn is another scrumptious way to curb your snack cravings! Our hulless corn puffs are coated with delicious, real cheddar cheese. Their unique shape and texture is fun to munch on.”
Online store: Buy cheese puffs on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- StarKist Tuna Creations Ranch
- Elite PesekZman Wafer Rolls
- Walkers Stax Sour Cream & Onion
- Toppo Cheese Tart
- Elite PesekZman Big Bite
- Late July Organic Sea Salt Thin & Crispy Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
- Shirakiku Cinema Popcorn Hot Spicy
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road