Gustitos Salsa y Queso
Taste test: These snacks had different shapes than any other cheese puffs we've tried, each piece being round, with a hole in the middle and four fingers (or toes?) protruding from one side. So it seemed like they were supposed to be hands or feet (with the number of fingers/toes matching what a Simpsons character would have). Another cheese puff that we reviewed, Cheetos Paws, was based on Chester Cheetah's feet, but this was a very different shape.
We crunched in to find a soft, light feel with good crispness, and a very nice cheese flavor, with some salsa in the sense of just a hint of tomato, but not in the sense of a tangy or hot salsa. Very tasty, fun to eat.
Shop: Buy cheese puffs on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very mild tomato smell. Not much.
From the package: “Cheese and sauce flavored corn snacks” ... “Manufactured in a facility that also processes peanuts”
Online store: Buy cheese puffs on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from El Salvador (30 reviews)
- Cheese Puffs (420 snacks)
- Snacks Shaped Like Things (389 snacks)
- Salsa Chips (89 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Union Market, Somerville. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road