Gold Emblem Extreme Hot Fire Balls
Taste test: These cheese balls were fairly standard in size and had a bright red color over most of their surfaces, with some hints of yellow from the underlying corn puff occasionally showing through.
I crunched in get two surprises in rapid succession. First was the feel, which was crisp and light as air, noticeably lighter than most cheese balls. But before I had a chance to absorb that surprise, the other surprise (which should not have been a surprise) hit — these things were seriously hot. I'm a bit cynical after reviewing lots of hot snacks, because usually the claims like "Extreme Hot" are vast exaggerations. This time it wasn't. Just one piece was enough for an impressive burn, and it was tasty too. Have a cold beverage handy!
Shop: Buy cheese puffs on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice cheesy hot kick.
From the package: “Gold Emblem Extreme Hot Fire Balls are the perfect snack for those who like to turn up the heat. Incredibly addictive after the very first crunch, you won't be able to put them down as you revel in glorious fiery goodness bite after flaming hot bite.”
Online store: Buy cheese puffs on Amazon #ad
Company: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Hot Snacks (1061 snacks)
- Cheese Puffs (424 snacks)
- Spherical Snacks (128 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2020
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road