Taste test: Each piece in this bag of Cheetos was quite large, as you would expect from the Giant Cheetos name, with a tube-like shape, kind of like a marshmallow, though somewhat irregular, with rounded-off ends. Each tube was about an inch and a half in diameter and about an inch and a half long.
The bag said that snackers probably can't get one entire piece into their mouths at once, but I had just minimal trouble trouble doing so. (Maybe that makes me a bigmouth.) Once I got it in there, it was definitely a lot of Cheeto. There was a pretty good cheese taste, plus a lot of corn puff taste from the vast cheeseless interior. The crunch level was somewhere between the level of Cheetos Puffs and Cheetos Crunchy.
Eating a piece all at once was a bit of a challenge, so for some of the puffs, I went with the gnawing method. Cheese levels varied from one piece to the next, but the ones with a lot of cheese were pretty good.
Our tasters were quite impressed by the size of the Giant Cheetos, and they liked the taste and texture. So even with quite a bit of food in a single Cheeto, they kept coming back to the bag for more.
Shop: Buy Cheetos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Pretty good cheese smell, not that string.
From the package: “It's the big cheese taste you've waited for your whole life in a big cheese flavored ball. In fact, it's so big, we bet you won't be able to fit it all in your mouth at one time! But whatever you do, don't be stingy. Your friends will want to share in the fun too. Giant Cheetos® snacks. Dangerously cheesy® taste in a dangerously cheesy® ball!”
Online store: Buy Cheetos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Cheetos (113 snacks)
- Cheese Puffs (424 snacks)
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
- Larger versions of smaller snacks (21 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2009
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road