Curvee Puffs Sea Salt & Umami Flavor
Taste test: These puffs had the same scoop-like shapes as the cheese flavor, with a pale yellow color. The word "Umami" was a new one to me, so I googled it to find that Wikipedia says it means savory, like a broth or a cooked meat.
I crunched in to find a nice dense, crisp feel and a taste that was consistent with that definition of Umami, very high on the savory scale, with some salt but not a whole lot of it to taste. The taste could well be compared to a soup broth, and although it did contain fish, it didn't taste fishy. Eating a lot of these puffs could make you very thirsty.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: A strong savory smell
From the package: “Ingredients: Corn Grits, Vegetable Oil (Palm), Seasonings (Glucose, Granulated Sugar, Hydrolyzed Wheat And Soybeans Protein, Powdered Soy Sauce [Wheat, Soybean, Salt], Salt, Powdered Kelp, Powdered Yeast Extract, Powdered Shiitake mushrooms extract, Powdered Bonito, Monosodium glutamate, Artificial flavor).” ... “Allergy Information: Contains Bonito, Mackerel, Wheat, Soybean.” ... “Warning: Consuming this product can expose you to Lead, which is known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.” ... “Product of Japan”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Wismettac Asian Foods, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Japan (169 reviews)
- Sea Salt Chips (228 snacks)
- Non-cheese Puffs (124 snacks)
- Unusual Flavors (95 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Super 88, Boston. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
- Stacy's Pita Thins Five Cheese
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road