Curvee Puffs Sea Salt & Umami Flavor
Taste test: These puffs had the same scoop-like shapes as the cheese flavor, with a pale yellow color. The word "Umami" was a new one to me, so I googled it to find that Wikipedia says it means savory, like a broth or a cooked meat.
I crunched in to find a nice dense, crisp feel and a taste that was consistent with that definition of Umami, very high on the savory scale, with some salt but not a whole lot of it to taste. The taste could well be compared to a soup broth, and although it did contain fish, it didn't taste fishy. Eating a lot of these puffs could make you very thirsty.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: A strong savory smell
From the package: “Ingredients: Corn Grits, Vegetable Oil (Palm), Seasonings (Glucose, Granulated Sugar, Hydrolyzed Wheat And Soybeans Protein, Powdered Soy Sauce [Wheat, Soybean, Salt], Salt, Powdered Kelp, Powdered Yeast Extract, Powdered Shiitake mushrooms extract, Powdered Bonito, Monosodium glutamate, Artificial flavor).” ... “Allergy Information: Contains Bonito, Mackerel, Wheat, Soybean.” ... “Warning: Consuming this product can expose you to Lead, which is known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.” ... “Product of Japan”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Wismettac Asian Foods, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Japan (170 reviews)
- Sea Salt Chips (232 snacks)
- Non-cheese Puffs (128 snacks)
- Unusual Flavors (95 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Super 88, Boston. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road