Taste test: We've reviewed lots of unusual snacks over the years, but this one was particularly unusual.
I opened the bag to find that the cheese puff-like snacks inside were shaped like bananas, which was a bit unexpected, but probably shouldn't have been, as the front of the bag did show a banana-shaped puff. The bag design dramatized it a bit by showing that puff coming out of a banana peel, but still, the puffs themselves looked very much like the one pictured.
I grabbed my first piece and noticed another unexpected twist: I felt something moist and slightly sticky. It turned out that one edge of the puff had a thin stripe of yellow banana frosting (which I probably should have expected, as a close look at the picture also showed the frosting, plus there were the words "Real Banana Cream" on the bag).
There was a soft feel and good crispness to the puffs, along with a nice sweet banana flavor from the frosting stripe. We shared these with lots of snackers, and most liked the taste a lot, though there were some who were very turned off by what they described as a fake banana flavor.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like banana candy, not really real banana.
From the package: “Real Banana Cream”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Korea (143 reviews)
- Fruit Snacks (444 snacks)
- Snacks Shaped Like Things (395 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2015
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road